Bamboo Shoot & Shiso Rice
Corgi Compilation - You are welcome
Oh look, someone managed to record Plane.
Jason Mraz - I Won’t Give Up (Manila)
(To repeat what I said it the vid description on YT, the video picture sucks but the audio is flawless because that man’s voice is flawless.)
So last night’s concert was awesome and if I’d had better seats and a fully charged camera, I’d have taped the whole thing. We were pretty close but off to the side, and the dome lights weren’t something a phone is prepared to handle. But anyway! It was fun. It was great. And while I am used to hearing nothing but perfect vocals from Jason, I wasn’t used to seeing him perform before an audience that was that insane. Also, the entire band was so hyped up and amazing. It had an entirely different vibe from the WSWDWST shows that were the last things I checked out before I got swallowed up by Pi fandom and was lost to space.
I knew better than to expect my favorites (Unfold, 1000 Things) outside of an acoustic show, but HE PULLED OUT PLANE. Frickin’ Plane. Which is like one of my favourites of all time because the places he can go with the song! So vocally demanding but ugh. So perfect. I could only have been made happier with, say, Forecast on the piano or Please Don’t Tell Her, but still. Plane. So happy that song resurfaced.
Also, when people say “it’s live, you can’t expect it to be as good as on CD, you gotta cut singers some slack” and all that? Seriously, that is just not a valid excuse in the face of the fact that Jason Mraz has always and still does, sound FAR, FAR BETTER live than on any CD. That voice is more than enough for anything. He has a great band — a seriously underrated band — but Jason’s voice alone could have pulled off an entire concert. It’s just that damn good.
He’s come a long way since his “Sleep All Day” days and first show in Manila but he’s only gotten better.
Now let me just sit here and weep that I was not blessed with perfect pitch and flawless voice control tyvm.
These links work as of 5/7/13.
None of the links require downloads, plug in installs, or signing up for anything of ANY KIND. Those are just ads, click out of them and press play. If you’re struggling, this chrome plug in will make your life easier.
Subbed = speaking in japanese with english subtitles
Dubbed = speaking in english (usually with no subtitles)
- The Cat Returns: subbed | dubbed
- Grave of the Fireflies: subbed | dubbed
- Horus: Prince of the Sun: subbed | x
- Howl’s Moving Castle: subbed | dubbed
- Kiki’s Delivery Service: subbed | dubbed
- Laputa: Castle in the Sky: subbed | dubbed
- My Neighbor Totoro: subbed | dubbed
- My Neighbors the Yamadas: subbed | dubbed
- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind: subbed | dubbed
- Only Yesterday: subbed | x
- Panda! Go Panda!: subbed | x
- Pom Poko: subbed | dubbed
- Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea: subbed | dubbed
- Porco Rosso: subbed | dubbed
- Princess Mononoke: subbed | dubbed
- The Secret World of Arrietty: subbed | dubbed
- Spirited Away: subbed | dubbed
- Tales from Earthsea: subbed | dubbed
- Whisper of the Heart: subbed | dubbed
David Bowie visits the USSR in 1973 and takes the Trans-Siberian Railway from Moscow to Vladivostok.